Jump to Navigation
How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Chattanooga Contempt and Enforcement Lawyer

If you are not receiving court-ordered parenting time or child support, you are likely frustrated by your situation. After all, you took the time to go through the court process and establish guidelines, and yet they are not being met. One way to address your concerns is to bring a contempt action in court.

We understand how frustrating it is to clients when a court order is not being followed. Located in Tennessee, at the Law Office of Rebecca Garren Parker we have been assisting clients in their legal matters since 1996. We understand how to use the legal system for enforcement of court orders. Attorney Parker will guide you through the process to protect your legal rights.

How Does Contempt Work?

When a divorce decree is signed by the judge, the document becomes enforceable. That means that if your ex-spouse is not following the court order, you can file a petition for contempt. This type of action is generally used when child support or parenting time is denied or when your ex-spouse is ignoring any other part of the court's order. Contempt is a very serious action because it can result in incarceration and reimbursement of attorney fees.

Should I File a Contempt Lawsuit?

You may have to file a complaint for contempt if your former spouse:

  • Is behind in child support or alimony payments
  • Has not paid a debt he or she was ordered to pay
  • Refuses to give you property you were awarded in the divorce
  • Has not obtained insurance as ordered by your parenting plan
  • Has failed to comply with the divorce order or agreement in any other way

Contact Our Cleveland Child Support Enforcement Attorney

If your spouse has failed to live up to his or her end of the bargain or has violated the divorce decree in any way contact our lawyer. We will discuss the situation with you and help you determine whether you should file a contempt lawsuit against your former spouse. Contact our Chattanooga contempt and enforcement attorney online or by calling 423-933-3139 or toll free at 866-930-2618.

Law Office of Rebecca Garren Parker
5751 Uptain Road, Suite 508
Chattanooga, TN 37411

Phone: 423-933-3139
Toll Free: 866-930-2618
Fax: 423-490-4374
Chattanooga Law Office

Law Office of Rebecca Garren Parker