Family law matters tug at your heartstrings because they involve two important issues — family and finances. Given the emotional nature of these topics, you need a compassionate and experienced attorney to assist you through your legal proceedings. Our law firm can help guide you smoothly through the legal process.
The Law Office of Rebecca Garren Parker has focused primarily on family law for more than 15 years. Our office is located in Chattanooga, where we serve diverse clientele throughout southeast Tennessee and north Georgia.
Our Family Law Practice
We handle the full range of family law matters, including:
- Uncontested divorce: If you and your spouse understand how you want to divide your property and debts, contact our attorney to draw up the paperwork.
- Contested divorce: If there are issues within your divorce that you simply cannot agree on, then your divorce will most likely be contested. Our law firm routinely handles these matters through negotiation and litigation.
- Child support and modification: You need an experienced attorney to ensure that your child support is set or modified correctly.
- Child custody and parenting time (visitation): The division of time between parents can be one of the most difficult issues in a custody dispute. Our lawyer assists clients in handling these matters.
- Division of assets and debts: We have been handling the financial parts of complex financial estates for 16 years. Trust our law firm with your property and debt division.
- Alimony and spousal support: There are different types of spousal support that can be set under different circumstances. Our law firm can discuss your options and the likelihood of obtaining or providing support.
- Contempt: If an individual is not following the court order he or she can be held in contempt. The contempt proceeding is usually used in egregious cases where one parent is denying another's time with the child or refusing to pay child support.
- Orders of protection: This court order is used in a situation where an individual has been accused of abuse. Our law firm helps those looking to obtain or defend against an order of protection.
- Juvenile court matters: If you are looking to establish paternity, or set child support and visitation and you were never married, our lawyer can help you with this juvenile court matter.
- Paternity: If you are a mother looking to establish child support from the father of your child, or a father interested in establishing your parental rights, our law firm can help.
Contact a Cleveland Asset and Debt Division Attorney
If you are looking for a Chattanooga family law attorney to help you, contact our law firm online by filing out the form or by calling 423-933-3139 or toll free at 866-930-2618.